Thursday, June 16, 2011

Music: Album Review: Tommy by The Who

Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
How can he be saved?

Yes I am talking about the legendary album by one of the most legendary and influential rock bands of all time, and I am going to do my best as I can do to review this masterpiece of music.

The story:
Tommy Walker was born death, dumb, and blind in the early nineteen hundreds. His father died at war and was left with his mother. Through all the shit he goes through being deaf, dumb, and blind he over comes it all through the power of music (and pinball) to become a super star with everyone in the country of England.

Tommy was an innovative record written by Pete Townshend. He did all the lyrics and most of the music to the album that pieced together the entire story of the album. Being the first rock opera ever created it has been the guide book to any band making a concept album uses. It contains all the necessary needs for a concept album including amazing story, lyrics to tie it together, and to create pure amazing sound.

There is not much else to say about this album that can't be said by listening to the record its self. I am very supportive of people wanting to listen to this record because its one the great giants of rock that overlooks every other band as they try and climb the way up the rock mountain that The Who were able to climb. Definitely recommend anyone to listen to it because you will fucking love it like a man loves a women or a fat kid loves his cake.
Rating: 10 See me, Feel me, Touch me, heal me's out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Be a Dick!